Supported Return to Training (SuppoRTT)
SuppoRTT is a centrally funded Health Education England project to help trainees return to training. This project was formed following the junior doctor contract talks where HEE offered to enhance the return to training (RTT) experience of trainees and the support given to doctors who are out of programme (OOP). Find out more information about SuppoRTT here <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MK3WLUOkAdE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
All trainees can also use the national "My SuppoRTT" website My SuppoRTT (a UHBristol project) to access a wealth of information tailored towards their specialty and/or region. It also includes inspiring videos relating to the return experience and the different obstacles that trainees can face. (Please note this is a national website and not all the processes featured are available in the East Midlands),
The national website will be updated regularly so please keep an eye on it.
In the East Midlands the following progress has been made so far:
- - HEE EM held an awareness event (Enhancing Junior Doctors Lives) on June 22nd 2018 attended by over 100 Educators and Trainees who took part in discussions around enhancing junior doctors lives and supporting trainees returning to training.
- - One-to-one coaching was arranged for Out of Programme Trainees with our external PSU coach providers.
- - A series of Productivity Retreats have been arranged for OOPR Trainees with Dr Katy Mahoney, an independent professional development coach (details and booking via Intrepid Course Manager). Next course due Nov 2019.
- - Educational Supervisor training was provided to upskill Supervisors and provide consistent approaches of supporting trainees returning to training. These courses have now finished but we are hoping to provide online SuppoRTT training for Supervisors from Autumn 2019. In the meantime, if you need any support please do get in touch with the team. A video to aid Supervisors who are supporting Trainees returning to training produced by the London and KSS Region can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuad4omqXE#action=share (please note that general support available differs from region to region and support identfied in this video may not be available in the East Midlands)
- - Funding was made available for childcare and travel expenses for KIT/SPLIT days (only), external training courses while on parental leave and enhanced shadowing on return to training.
- - We engaged with the East Midlands Simulation Network (EMSN) and provided funding for trainee focused SIMs support and iRIS, an on-line web-based platform. Information about IRIS and how trainees can register can be found here https://www.eastmidlandsdeanery.nhs.uk/node/1662
- We have produced an Offer document to outline what is offered for East Midlands Trainees. Details of The SuppoRTT Offer can be found in the documents listed below:
Bookable on EventBrite at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/return-to-em-phem-accs-conference-tickets-63040903038 Limited places.